We’re looking for an Executive Assistant to support the Chief Executive Officer. This role will coordinate and manage executive scheduling, prepare and organize an important project and strategic materials and plans, support board meetings, and the preparation of board materials. This role serves as the eyes and ears for the CEO, connecting organizations, projects, and critical business information to the CEO, ensuring meetings and materials are efficient and effective.
The dynamic nature of this role requires that the ideal candidate have exemplary time management skills and the ability to identify and anticipate the CEO’s needs. The role must interact seamlessly and with a professional demeanor across a broad range of individuals including members of the Senior Management Team, Board of Directors, and leaders that report to the CEO. To perform this job successfully, the individual is expected to handle highly sensitive and confidential financial, legal, personnel and institutional information while exercising professionalism and discretion.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with the CEO to support all aspects of his daily work routine.
- Maintain the CEO’s calendar, including scheduling meetings, appointments, speaking engagements, and travel (may include domestic and international) arrangements. Exercise discretion in committing time and evaluating needs.
- Serve as a liaison between the CEO, and the project team. This includes receiving and screening the CEO’s phone calls and visitors, answering a variety of questions with tact and diplomacy, taking messages, and directing calls appropriately for resolution.
- Provide coordination, monitoring, and communication of projects timelines and deliverables.
- Assist in project-related activities and processes including project planning, intake, prioritization, initiation, execution, and training; as well as in fostering collaboration of end-users and key stakeholders.
- Serve as a primary point of contact between the Office of the CEO and CIO including helping to coordinate the work of the different groups and providing administrative support for governance meetings.
- Assist the CEO in the development of presentations and white papers for internal and external audiences.
- Determine priority of matters of attention for the CEO; redirect matters to staff to handle, or handle matters personally, as appropriate.
- Keep the CEO advised of time-sensitive and priority issues, ensuring appropriate follow-up.
- Routinely perform a wide variety of support duties.
- Handle printing, mail/overnight packages, copying, filing, and email/messages.
- Sort and maintain e-mail and other address directories.
- Compose and prepare letters relating to routine correspondence for the CEO’s signature.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of meeting agendas and materials.
- Transcribe source material, and prepare documents, reports, tables, and charts; distribute as appropriate.
- Prepare, reconcile, and submit expense reports.
- Maintain paper and electronic filing systems.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Attend meetings and take notes of discussions; prepare the initial draft of minutes and summaries.
- Complete a variety of special projects including creating PowerPoint presentations, financial spreadsheets, special reports, and agenda material.
- Other additional and/or alternative duties as assigned from time to time, including supporting other departments or Executives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Five years’ prior experience in supporting a senior executive or team
- Excellent computer skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
The Ideal Candidate Is
- A detail-oriented self-starter with prior experience in the financial services industry or with a technology team
- Someone who exhibits sound judgment with the ability to prioritize and make decisions
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Comfortable interacting with high-level executives
- A team player capable of cultivating productive working relationships across the firm
- Resourceful, can-do attitude
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment